Less than a year after promoting Killer Stephens to head the program at Wayland Baptist, the school is looking for another coach. Last year, long time head coach Aaron Meister moved back to his home state of Kansas to start a new program at Friends University, and Wayland Baptist promoted Stephens to the position.
Wayland Baptist has now posted a position for their head men’s and women’s wrestling coach on their website.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Wrestling requires all functions normally associated with an intercollegiate athletics program in wrestling and will be bound by the university and the athletic department mission statements. This position may teach in the School of Education and Exercise & Sport Science or have other related duties.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Coaching and management of all practice sessions.
- Recruiting quality student athletes.
- Knowledge and adherence of NAIA and Sooner Athletic Conference rules.
- Monitor teams’ academic performance.
- Scheduling of matches and related events.
- Budget management and organization.
- Purchase and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Event preparations.
- Campus and community relations.
- Marketing and development of the program.
- Supervision of assistant coach and student/graduate coaches.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
WrestlingTexas does not know specifics on why the coaching change is taking place.