The 2021 Junior National Duals-Freestyle has finally ended after a 2-day battle in Tulsa Oklahoma. Texas Junior Men had 2 freestyle teams this year, Team A & B with Team A having the better squad with 3 state champs Kenneth Hendriksen, Darwin Hull, and Eli Sheeren.
Neither team will have an All Team All American this year, both teams got off to a rough start as neither team won a match in their first round on Friday against Wisconsin and Ohio but the 2nd round things got better.
Team A whom in the Greco Roman bracket had to settle for 7th placed on how the brackets were drawn and Team B got spring boarded into the 5th place dual. Team A & B got the opposite in the freestyle brackets and Team A got spring boarded into the 5th place dual after a loss to Minnesota Red in the consolation semifinals. Team A wins the dual against Indiana on criteria with the final score 33-33 placing 5th in their pool. Team B shorthanded as they was gave a good battle in their pool but had to settle for 8th place.
Team A made the Red/Blue Pool and reeled off 2 more wins against Georgia Red 41-30 and narrowly against Alabama 34-32 but dropped the last dual of the pool to Florida 49-20 to face Pennsylvania for 3rd place over all in the pool and get the win 37-32 placing 19th over all out of 32 teams. Darwin Hull was the lone Texan to come back and win all his matches after the first lost going 6-1.
Team B went into the Green/Yellow pool with a 5 team round robin winning their first dual against South Carolina 38-24 then lost the remaining 4 duals to finish 4th in the pool and 31st over all. Tye Frnka sharing the weight at 170 with Bryce Milster went a true perfect 3-0 with no forfeits as wins, however you gotta have 5 wins to make the All American Team. Frnka is the only undefeated Texan though from both teams. Vincenzo Olivia and Joshua Yorek over gave up one the loss in their first dual and won the rest at 6-1.
Below is the dual and individual results.
TEAM A- POOL C
- Ohio Red over Texas A 58-7
- Minnesota Red over Texas A 44-22
- Texas A over Indiana 33-33 (finished 5th in Pool)
RED/BLUE POOL B
- Texas A over Georgia Red 41-30
- Texas A over Alabama 34-32
- Florida over Texas A 49-20
- Texas A over Pennsylvania 37-32 (Finished in Pool, 19th overall)
TEAM B – POOL A
- Wisconsin over Texas B 66-4
- Alabama over Texas B 38-29
- Nebraska over Texas B 49-21 (finished 8th in Pool)
- Texas B over South Carolina 38-24
- North Dakota Red over Texas B 34-17
- Texas B -Bye
- Nebraska over Texas B 38-29
- Arkansas over Texas B 39-27 (finished 4th in Pool, 31th overall)
|Team Seeding Information|