2020-21 NAIA Women’s Wrestling Coaches’ Poll – No. 1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – In the first poll of 2020 season, Wayland Baptist (Texas) claimed the No. 1 spot to begin the season in first poll released Friday. Campbellsville (Ky.), Grand View (Iowa), Menlo (Calif.) and Life (Ga.) rounded out the top five.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the eight conferences.
- Two days prior to the national poll, each qualifying group rater submits the top six individuals from each weight class in his conference into the system. Only wrestlers listed on a conference ballot are considered for the national ballot.
- The top 20 individuals in each weight class is based on how each voter ranks the best individuals. An individual receives 20 points for each first place vote, 19 for second place and so on through the list. This same point system is used to determine the team ranking.
- The postseason poll is determined using the individual and team results from the national championship
- For the complete Top 20 calendar, click here.
2020-2021 NAIA Women’s Wrestling Coaches Top 20 Poll – No. 1 (Nov. 19, 2020)
|1||Wayland Baptist University||188|
|6||Southern Oregon University||137|
|7||University of the Cumberlands||112|
|8||Missouri Valley College||100|
|9||University of Providence||94|
|10||Oklahoma City University||88|
|13||University of Jamestown||83|
|17||Eastern Oregon University||47|
|18||Missouri Baptist University||38|
Receiving Votes: William Penn (Iowa) 30, Ottawa (Kan.) 26, Saint Mary (Kan.) 23, Central Christian 23, Brewton-Parker 14, Central Methodist (Mo.) 5, Life Pacific 5
Top-ranked Individuals | Individual Rankings
101 – Nina Pham, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
109 – Alleida Martinez, Menlo (Calif.)
116 – Peyton Prussin, Life (Ga.)
123 – Tiana Jackson, Menlo (Calif.)
130- Gracie Figueroa, Menlo (Calif.)
136 – Desiree Zavala, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
143 – Gabrielle Garcia, Campbellsville (Ky.)
155 – Gladdys Palma, Southern Oregon
170 -Kaylynn Albrecht, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
191 – Agatha Andrews, Jamestown (N.D.)