As always the Outlaw Tournament in Allen shakes up the ranking boards with #1 ranked wrestlers getting beat. Undefeated wrestlers getting their 1st loss. Unranked wrestlers making their presence. Over all it shows each wrestler exactly where and what they need to get ready for the state tournament in Feb.
Congrats on teams like Mission Sharyland Pioneer, Dripping Springs, El Paso Franklin, Houston teams, and the Oklahoma Teams for making the long trip on a Christmas weekend.
Below is a weight by weight recap.
This weight showed that #1 Braxton Brown of Allen is the real deal, Brown wrestled both days and never went past the 1st period by pinning every one he wrestled, including the #5-6A ranked Jackson Crandall of Katy to take his 1st Outlaw Championship, that was Crandall’s only loss of the weekend. #2-5A ranked and previously undefeated Diego Serna of Mission Sharyland lost in the semi finals to Crandall 8-2, than again to Cooper Evans of Westmoore Oklahoma before taking a 5th place finish over Luis Valezuela of El Paso Franklin. #10-6A Owen Hollaway of Southlake Carroll took a 4th place finish, but lost to #13-6A Remy Jacobs of Vandegrift in the pool rounds.
- 1st Place – Braxton Brown of Allen Blue
- 2nd Place – Jackson Crandall of Katy
- 3rd Place – Cooper Evans of Westmoore
- 4th Place – Owen Hollaway of Southlake Carroll
- 5th Place – Diego Serna of Mission Sharyland Pioneer
- 6th Place – Luis Valenzuela of Franklin
#2-6A Parker Decker of Keller ran the tables here taking the Outlaw Championship taking a SV to defeat #7-6A Noah Gochberg of Vandegrift. Dominic Dear of Westmoore Oklahoma defeats Cade Morgan of Plano West who won over Franklins #9-6A Emilo Acosta who took 5th over Luke Holland of Katy.
- 1st Place – Parker Decker of Keller
- 2nd Place – Noah Gochberg of Vandegrift
- 3rd Place – Dominic Derr of Westmoore
- 4th Place – Cade Morgan of Plano West
- 5th Place – Emilio Acosta of Franklin
- 6th Place – Luke Holland of Katy
This weight lived up to the preview. It took a SV and UTB in the semi finals to reach the finals, but #3-6A Preston Decker of Keller was the Outlaw Champion. The top side of the bracket had #3-6A @ 113 ranked Gabe Martinez of Allen and #4-6A undefeated Kobe Nelms of Franklin, the outcome was Martinez by SV. The bottom bracket had #3-6A Preston Decker of Keller and #6-6A Noah Yeamans of Allen, this match was settled in the UTB going Deckers way. Nelms and Yeaman met for the 3rd place match with Nelms taking the 6-5 decision. With Yeamans back and Martinez wrestling 120 all year, who drops to 113? big question for Allen.
- 1st Place – Preston Decker of Keller
- 2nd Place – Gabe Martinez of Allen Blue
- 3rd Place – Kobe Nelms of Franklin
- 4th Place – Noah Yeamans of Allen White
- 5th Place – Micah Ribera of Dripping Springs
- 6th Place – Reginald Jones of Westmoore
Like his little brother, #2-6A Logan Brown of Allen never made it out of the 1st period in any match till the finals which did take 3 periods to get a tech fall, all the other matches were by fall. Brown is the Outlaw Champion over Kyri Beasley of Muskogee Oklahoma. #7-6A @ 132 Luke Sloan of Vandegrift who dropped to 126 takes a 3rd place finish over #13-6A Tatsuro Iwase of Plano. #[email protected] 132 who also dropped weight class Jacob Aragon of Plano West defeated #16-6A Logan Vasquez of Arlington for 5th.
- 1st Place – Logan Brown of Allen Blue
- 2nd Place – Kyri Beasley of Muskogee
- 3rd Place – Luke Sloan of Vandegrift
- 4th Place – Tatsuro Iwase of Plano
- 5th Place – Jacob Aragon of Plano West
- 6th Place – Logan Vasquez of Arlington
#1-6A James McClain III of Franklin takes this weight easy defeating Juan Centeno of Altus in the finals for the Outlaw Championship. Unranked Colton Kern of Weatherford emerges onto the scene and takes a 3rd place finish over Benjamin Owens of Dripping Springs. Unranked Liam Bird of Keller Central who also raised his ranking status defeated Daniel Briones of Katy for a 5th place finish.
- 1st Place – James McClain, III of Franklin
- 2nd Place – Juan Centeno of Altus
- 3rd Place – Colton Kern of Weatherford
- 4th Place – Benjamin Owens of Dripping Springs
- 5th Place – Liam Bird of Keller Central
- 6th Place – Daniel Briones of Katy
#3-6A Conner Wilson of Allen is your Outlaw Champion here. Wilson had to go through #2-5A Chase Warden of Dripping Springs in the semi finals where he defeated Kobe Gomez of Altus. Warden came back to take a 3rd place finish over #9-6A Adrian Zubia of Franklin. Unranked Hank Meyer of Burleson Centennial who should make the ranking board defeated Keonte Arnett of Muskogee for 5th.
- 1st Place – Conner Wilson of Allen Blue
- 2nd Place – Kobi Gomez of Altus
- 3rd Place – Chase Warden of Dripping Springs
- 4th Place – Adrian Zubia, Jr of Franklin
- 5th Place – Hank Meyer of Burleson Centennial
- 6th Place – Keonte Arnett of Muskogee
Last year #2-6A Trent Dooley of Allen defeated #1-6A Daniel Manibog in the semi finals 3-1 to reach the Outlaw finals. This year Dooley does it again, this time with a 5-0 decision in the finals over Manibog for the Outlaw Championship. I believe this makes the score 3-2 for Manibog over the last 2 years with Dooley having the last H2H. Dooley also receives the light weight MOW AWARD. Unranked Elise Brown Ton of Allen who has been wrestling JV takes a 3rd place finish over #9-6A Kalob Jewett of Franklin. Zach Zarvous of Cinco Ranch takes 5th over #10-5A @ 152 Mission Sharyland Pioneer’s Brandon Pritchard.
- 1st Place – Trent Dooley of Allen Blue
- 2nd Place – Daniel Manibog of Katy
- 3rd Place – Elise Brown Ton of Allen White
- 4th Place – Kalob Jewett of Franklin
- 5th Place – Zach Zarvos of Cinco Ranch
- 6th Place – Brandon Pritchard of Mission Sharyland Pioneer
#7-6A @ 145 Austin Cooley of Plano takes the Outlaw Championship here over unranked Alejandro Cavazos of Allen. #6-6A Gunner Pierson of the Woodlands takes 3rd over #5-5A Caden Mills of Prosper. #11-6A Hector Perez takes a 5th place finish over #20-6A Grant Riddle of Vandegrift.
- 1st Place – Austin Cooley of Plano
- 2nd Place – Alejandro Cavazos of Allen Blue
- 3rd Place – Gunnar Pierson of The Woodlands
- 4th Place – Caden Mills of Prosper
- 5th Place – Hector Perez of Franklin
- 6th Place – Grant Riddle of Vandegrift
#1-5A Tommy Flaherty of Prosper breezed through the pools before narrowly winning over #5-6A Reagan Prevatt of Cinco Ranch by 1-0 decision in the semi finals to take an Outlaw Championship over #14-6A John Lisenby of Flowermound. Unranked Ethan Scroggins of Arlington takes 3rd over Kenneth Delgadillo of Franklin. Prevatt takes 5th over #3-5A Ryland Kinard of Dripping Springs.
- 1st Place – Tommy Flaherty of Prosper
- 2nd Place – John Lisenby of Flower Mound
- 3rd Place – Ethan Scroggins of Arlington
- 4th Place – Kenneth Delgadillo of Franklin
- 5th Place – Reagan Prevatt of Cinco Ranch
- 6th Place – Ryland Kinard of Dripping Springs
#1-6A Braedan Redlin wrestled 2 days and pinned every wrestler in the 1st period including the finals against #3 Kyle Kretzer of Clear Springs to become Outlaw Champion. #4-5A James Wujek of Prosper defeats Shane Flandermeyer of Westmoore Oklahoma for 3rd place. #20-6A Elijah Young of Wylie takes 5th over Cameron Ansel of Plano.
- 1st Place – Braeden Redlin of Allen Blue
- 2nd Place – Kyle Kretzer of Clear Springs
- 3rd Place – James Wujek of Prosper
- 4th Place – Shane Flandermeyer of Westmoore
- 5th Place – Elijah Young of Wylie
- 6th Place – Cameron Ansel of Plano
With the absence of AJ Ferrari #8-6A Zyire Ardoin of Cinco Ranch was your Outlaw Champion here over #2-5A Clayton Jetton of Dripping Springs. #13-6A Koltan Alexander of Flowermound takes 3rd over Jeremiah Hatfield of Weatherford. #6-5A Dominque Rodriguez of Mission Sharyland Pioneer takes a 5th place finish over Jordan Clark of Allen.
- 1st Place – Zyire Ardoin of Cinco Ranch
- 2nd Place – Clayton Jetton of Dripping Springs
- 3rd Place – Kolton Alexander of Flower Mound
- 4th Place – Jeremiah Hatfield of Weatherford
- 5th Place – Dominique Rodriguez of Mission Sharyland Pioneer
- 6th Place – Jordan Clark of Allen Blue
Cabe Dickerson of Altus Oklahoma takes the Outlaw Championship over unranked Cole Reed of Allen and the UPPER MOW AWARD. The surprise at this weight was unranked Reed defeating #1-6A Jake Johnson of Southlake Carroll by fall after being up 20-15 late as time expired in the 3rd period. Johnson did return to take a 3rd place finish over #10-6A Jake Carrillo of Flowermound. Demetrion Payne of Muskogee Oklahoma took 5th over #12-5A Emanuel Huerta of Mission Sheryland Pioneer.
- 1st Place – Cabe Dickerson of Altus
- 2nd Place – Cole Reed of Allen Blue
- 3rd Place – Jake Johnson of Southlake Carroll
- 4th Place – Jake Carrillo of Flower Mound
- 5th Place – Demetrion Payne of Muskogee
- 6th Place – Emanuel Huerta of Mission Sharyland Pioneer
The 2nd Altus wrestler to win the Outlaw Championship was Garrett Pride here at 220 defeating #9-6A Guillermo Lopez of Irving. Allen’s unranked Malachi Weaver takes a 3rd place finish over Ryan Kenneally of Houston Strake Jesuit. #13-5A Alex Varela of Prosper takes 5th over Jake Riberich of Keller Central.
- 1st Place – Garrett Pride of Altus
- 2nd Place – Guillermo Lopez of Irving
- 3rd Place – Malachi Weaver of Allen Blue
- 4th Place – Ryan Kenneally of Strake Jesuit
- 5th Place – Alex Varela of Prosper
- 6th Place – Jake Riberich of Keller Central
#2-Prep Benedict Sipes gives #4-5A Tristan Baugher his 1st loss of the year to take an Outlaw Finals Championship. Jacob Wood of Muskogee Oklahoma take 3rd over Murad Albas of Arlington. Payton Lovell of Bryon Nelson take 5th over Jaxon Maikoetter of Cinco Ranch.
- 1st Place – Benedict Sipe of Faustina Academy
- 2nd Place – Tristan Baugher of Prosper
- 3rd Place – Jacob Wood of Muskogee
- 4th Place – Murad Almas of Arlington
- 5th Place – Payton Lovell of Byron Nelson
- 6th Place – Jaxon Maikoetter of Cinco Ranch