Author Topic: 5th Veterans Memorial Inv in Window Rock AZ Dec 14-15, 2018  (Read 699 times)

ScoutWrestler

• View Profile
5th Veterans Memorial Inv in Window Rock AZ Dec 14-15, 2018
« on: April 03, 2018, 04:13:42 PM »
The 4th VMI was a great success!!  27 teams competed in our arena (I gotta call it what it is) and we saw some great matches.  The Blue Devils from Sunnyside shook things up and took the tournament, followed by Camp Verde, Page, Ironwood, Los Alamos NM, Round Valley, Mingus and Chinle (for the top eight). 

We're not going to stop there.  The WRock is inviting 35 teams for the 5th VMI.  That's going to equal ten duals for EVERY team.  TEN!!  Do you hear me?!  Ten matches and our fees will stay the same or my name isn't Coach Hillis.  Plenty of mat time.  So far there are teams from Las Vegas NV to Moriarty NM that competed.  All three of our OutStanding Wrestlers were 2018 state champs with a combined record of 175-0 for this season alone!  (Whitewater-Page, Bravo-Young -SS and Henderson-Blue Ridge).   

So if you want a piece of this action and immerse your team in some great mat mayhem, contact me, Coach Marc Hillis @ Mhillis@wrschool.net for a flyer.  The Marines will test your wrestlers' pull-up strength, Bob P. from the valley makes some great shirts and you can get away from the norm. 

Our operators are standing by.....

(Ok, they're not really standing by.  It's just me.  I know I sound like a used car salesman or that Robocop "I'd-buy-that-for-a-dollar" guy... I just really would like your team to be part of this).  Your teams make our tournament what it is.   8) :o ;)

ScoutWrestler

• View Profile
Re: 5th Veterans Memorial Inv in Window Rock AZ Dec 14-15, 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »
 Coaches,
We have 3 team spots left with about three of those in the grey area just awaiting approval from their higher up. If you want to come in on this fantastic tournament, please contact me. We welcome all teams and yours will fit in.
We're equally excited to also have a separate Girls tournament at the same time and same place. Trust me, there is room for all of this to take place.

Teams confirmed for 2018:
 Window Rock
 Gallup NM
 Chinle (will also have a Girls team)
 Newcomb NM
 Round Valley
 Mingus
 Page (will also have a Girls team)
 Hopi
 Rancho NV
 Moriarty NM
 Los Alamos NM
 Tohono O'odham
 Monument Valley AZ
 Perry
 American Leadership Academy-QC
 Wingate NM
 Many Farms
 Pinon
 Mohave
 Red Mesa
 Miami
 Buena
 Northland Prep Academy
 Blue Ridge
 Farmington NM
 Miyamura NM
 Ganado
 Bloomfield NM
 San Carlos
 Tuba City
 Prescott
 Rock Point
 Winslow
 Tolleson (Girls VMI only)
 Sierra Linda (Girls VMI only)
We are about 7 hours drive from Amarillo and about 6 from El Paso.  If you're coming further, take a flight to ABQ NM and its a 2.5 hour drive from there.  Why come so far?  Your boys will get valuable mat time (10 duals) and your girls will take place in our inaugural Girls tournament at the same venue.  We have the room for this. Sleep in our arena.  We're aiming to become the largest dual tournament in the Southwest. 
I sincerely invite you to come to Navajo land, its unlike anything you've seen before. Be part of it  8)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:58:07 AM by ScoutWrestler »

ScoutWrestler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:57:08 PM »
Coaches, we are cutting the entries at 36 teams in order to have perfectly numbered pools. We're in need of just three more teams. We hope you'll be part of it.

ScoutWrestler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »
-We lost a team and gained a team, so we're still at the same number and will take 3 more teams for the boys.

-Girls VMI is looking well and I think we'll have full brackets, with an additional two teams also trying to get it.