Author Topic: Tulsa to Renfoirced HammerLock  (Read 1403 times)

gerardroth

• View Profile
Tulsa to Renfoirced HammerLock
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Akzxu5g0qutyiosNyJO7WWV18nBW7A

Haven't seen this run since high school and never in Texas but I believe it to be illegal hold unless I'm missing something.   
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:16:24 AM by gerardroth »

rexanderson

• View Profile
Re: Tulsa to Renfoirced HammerLock
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:33:40 AM »
absolutely illegal, due to pressure against the joint. Tough call to make due to being in correct position, and speed at which the action happens. Great video!!!

gerardroth

• View Profile
BOLO - Renfoirced HammerLock
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »

rexanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »
Make sure your Coach knows to bring it up to the official. If you are a Coach, speak with the official and/or the Head Official for the event. There are several opportunities that when shown in slow motion replay, and zoomed in on such as this, can be learning moments for all officials around the State. Thanks for your interest and continuing to bring this to our attention.

trw118

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:07:17 AM »
We practice this tilt quite a bit, and have had it called illegal when it should not have been. In the video it is illegal because the hand is on or below the elbow and there is pressure against the joint. It is a legal hold when the hand is above the elbow and the opponents elbow is bent - I tell the kids to put the opponents knuckles on his tail bone before controlling the arm above the elbow.

gerardroth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 09:54:24 AM »
We practice this tilt quite a bit, and have had it called illegal when it should not have been. In the video it is illegal because the hand is on or below the elbow and there is pressure against the joint. It is a legal hold when the hand is above the elbow and the opponents elbow is bent - I tell the kids to put the opponents knuckles on his tail bone before controlling the arm above the elbow.

I would see it as illegal, if arm under opponent is at or above the Elbow, putting pressure on the Elbow joint. 

Also if the arm is on the back in hammerlock putting, pressure on the shoulder.