Author Topic: Wrestlers in Texas History with no points scored on them during a season  (Read 1283 times)

guardian

• View Profile
Hey guys I need your help with something. One of my wrestlers here at Timber Creek, Rachel Bridges, went the entire season without having a single point scored against her. An amazing feat that myself and several others (including Mr. Shoaf) are trying to figure out if this has ever been done in the state of Texas before. A great kid and great wrestler!  Might I add that even though Miss Gomez is a great wrestler I feel Rachel was robbed of outstanding wrestler. 33-0 with 33 pins and no points given up...... Hard to beat that kind of dominance.  Anyways I hope you guys can help me with this. As of now we have her as the only boy or girl wrestler in the state that has ever done this but I was hoping you guys could confirm this for me. Thanks in advance.

Craig Roark

HHSBuffs

• View Profile
I have been a part of TX wrestling as a coach and competitor since before UIL picked it up and do not recall any wrestlers going on that kind of a streak. Impressive.

Unfortunately, since the UIL does not track those kinds of stats, you will have to do that research on your own by contacting schools/coaches of past champions. I would be glad to help with what I can.

RHSLions

• View Profile
Coach,

Was that no "offensive points" scored against her or no points at all? If that young lady made it through the season without giving up a single  escape or even letting an opponent up to take them back down again, that is absolutely incredible. If that's the case, surely she has to be the only person in Texas history to do that.

guardian

• View Profile
No points at all. From everything I can find she is the only one to ever do this.

RHSLions

• View Profile
That's incredible. Surely, that's never been done before. Very impressive.

ARodger

• View Profile
Not positive, but I don't remember Jader Martinez being scored on. Could be wrong...